If you haven’t been adding ginger to your diet, you should really start, because there are some great health benefits that come with it. Ginger has the added bonus that it also tastes delicious and can be used so many different ways in meals. It is a spice that is used globally in meals, desserts and even beverages.
But the health benefits are definitely the reason that you should be adding ginger to your diet, and you’ve probably never even heard of these particular reasons to eat ginger.
Here are the Benefits of Ginger That You Didn’t Know About
1. Ginger is a natural motion sickness cu It helps to curb the nausea that you get from motion sickness, and no one really knows the reason why it is effective, but it is a result that has been confirmed in studies.
2. Ginger helps you to absorb nutrients from other foods better, which is an extremely healthy thing. It works by stimulating the secretion of enzymes from the pancreas and from the gastrointestinal system.
3. Ginger is a great remedy for those with blood pressure problems because it contains magnesium, zinc and chromium. These substances can help your blood to flow better and prevent fever, sweating and chills.
4. Ginger can help keep you from getting a cold or suffering from the flu. It has been used for this purpose in Asia for over a thousand years, and now it has been studied in research labs like those at the Maryland Medical Center, where researchers found that ginger in hot water a few times a day can treat cold and flu symptoms.
5. Helps with respiratory problems. Asthma is an example of a serious respiratory condition but they can be as simple as a cough. However, ginger helps to expand your lungs and free the phlegm that can cause these problems. Because it is an anti-inflammatory it might be able to help with asthma but should not take the place of an inhaler.
6. Ginger is also a great pain-killer because of its anti-inflammatory properties. In fact, ginger is one of the most powerful substances that reduce inflammation.
7. Ginger can also help when you have an upset stomach and help your digestive system work well. You will have less nausea and stomach problems and ginger’s ability to reduce inflammation helps as well.
8. Ginger has been shown in studies to slow and possible even prevent colon cancer.
9. Ginger will also help to boost your immune system. Adding a little ginger to your diet can help you in many ways when it comes to immune health. It can reduce your risk of a heart attack or stroke, as well as decrease bacterial infections in some places.
10. For pregnant women, ginger has been shown to prevent morning sickness and has been shown to cure 3 out of 4 people suffering from either stomach flu or morning sickness.